Monday, October 13, 2014

Trial Run and Pre-Departure

Hi all,
I am starting this blog up as a way to keep people informed about my trip to Antarctica, and anywhere else, I might end up after. For those of you who do not know, I will be spending nearly 5 months at Cape Shirreff on Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands. I leave Oct 21 for Chile and the boat across Drakes Passage. I will return mid March, but will likely do some traveling while I am down in South America.

Unfortunately, while I am gone, I will have no real access to the internet. I will be limited to only the most basic email once a day, with no attachments or photos allowed. Therefore, while I can update this blog via email, I cannot send photos along the way. I will try to post photos as soon as possible when I get back and anytime along the way that I can.

Feel free to check in whenever you want, either by reading this or emailing me directly. When I know my camp email address I will pass it on. You can also subscribe to email updates for this blog, which should email you everytime I post something new. Knowing how these things go, I would expect a lot more posts early on, and I will likely dwindle off a little later on. That being said, it is always nice to know that people care and are interested in what I am doing, even if I am unable to talk to you in person.

I hope my stories prove to be entertaining and as exciting as people seem to think they will be!

-Wiley

No comments:

Post a Comment